From: "santiam oregon"
Subject: Re: IML: DexCool/antifreeze alternative
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:05:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have a friend who replaced his normal antifreeze mix w/ something named Evans Coolant when his Explorer had <20K on it.  It is over 300K and still on the same stuff.  Pretty expensive stuff, but apparently it doesn't have the level of expansion that Ethylene Glycol does, so the coolant system pressure is lower and boilover is over 450 degrees.   I plan to
put it in my imperial when I get the hemi back together.  I figure I might as well switch over to synthetics in the engine oil and silicone brake fluid as I rebuild/replace the systems so that I don't have to redo this in another 15 yrs.
Check out the website on this coolant, it is interesting-  Google keyword- Evans Coolant

Todd
Portland, OR
Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Bob:
Thanks for the info. I am sure that you are correct and will have no problems.
I have looked on-line and they say from various sources do not use the newer stuff in older cars.
I would like to use the latest technology and not rely on stuff that was developed who knows when.
However, in this case I will go with the old technology.