Re: IML: Winter Car Storage

Thanks Elijah - always like to see your response to questions.  I can put plastic etc under the cars.  The storage is a pole barn with a good ventilation in it.  Some of the owners put plastic under their cars & some don't.  Three years of storage without a tarp under and this spring was my first OH MY GOODNESS moment.  Took 2 weeks to find all the mold.  FYI I used a 60% water 40% vinegar solution to clean it.  Seems to have worked well as they never showed again.  But that is why the charcoal or cat litter.  A little extra effort to stop moisture inside.  I must have not left the windows down to do ventilation.  I am not sure because I drove home a different car & it wasn't until it got home that I saw the mold.  So this year - tarps underneath - Thanks  Peter Thielman

Elijah Scott <imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Peter Thielman <h53099@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  from here I need to determine if I am doing enough.
I think you've got a good list there!  The only thing I can think to add would be to place a large tarp under each car as a vapor barrier to prevent moisture from coming up through the gravel.

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan