From: YBSHORE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 1:28 pm
Subject: Re: IML: Winter Car Storage

In a message dated 9/25/2007 4:41:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, randalpark@xxxxxxx writes:

Last year I put a tarp underneath one of my cars, parked in a car port.
Gradually, the hood insulation pad began to disappear. In the spring
when I removed the tarp from under the car, I found it, along with two
giant brown rats. I won't be doing that again. I'll just have to move
the cars around more often and try to drive them occasionally to keep
them dry.

Paul W.

Imperialist Paul, et al:

    I am fortunate enough to have dry, concrete floor barn [unheated except for an isolated shop at the rear] that I store my cars in and, I found that the concrete has a breathing factor as well -although I start and 'rotate' the cars around on nicer winter days here in New England, just as a matter of course --I have wondered about concrete-to-tire issues, and not just flat spots-- though I do not leave the cars in one place long enough for that to happen, generally.....anyway, though inside, I lessened my moisture/mold concerns a few years ago by going to the local Lowe's and for 5 bucks a sheet for 7/16 sheathing, I layed the 4 X 8 sheets out on the barn floor butt to butt and in conjunction with a GOOD cover, I have been able to stay unscathed and the cars remain turnkey all winter, and as fresh as when I 'rested them' for the season....just the old .02 from gorgeous New England today where the 80+ degree weather has been very good to the '56 Imperial and her touring....and thank you, too, WPC as well as Mr. Exner, for I NEVER tire of looking at her....

Jack