Re: IML: 58 Upper/Lower Control arm

As a follow up, you should also bounce the front end after putting the weight back on it to get to the normal height.

----- Original Message -----
From: wardle65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 58 Upper/Lower Control arm
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:07:39 +1000

Hi Folks

I am rebuilding the front suspension/steering of my 58 and also doing a AAJ disc brake conversion.  I am in the process of bolting upper and lower control arms back on.  In the Factory service Manual It says "with control arm  in normal position tighten nuts to required torque settings"  My questions are

Where is normal position?
Is this critical and what happens if not in correct position can damage occur.

Any advice would be appreciated and would probably not be the last question until I have successfuly put the entire front end back together.

Regards
Chris

Fred Joslin