Re: IML: 71 LeBaron

For our American friends who may visit Ontario Canada.

We have new laws into effect today on driving aggressively.

In case it was missed - this is the new legislation - in effect now.

I haven't read all the details yet but apparently even if you just do a burn out - you may have a serious problem here.

and from todays paper

QUOTE from the article.

To curb that kind of behaviour, the new law also imposes the tough penalties on any kind of risky driving behaviour.

"There's a lot of room for the officer to use their own judgment," Woolley noted, such as "anyone driving in a risky manner, driving an unsafe vehicle, driving double the speed limit on wet or icy roads.''

"People should keep in mind that it's not just speeding," he added. "It can be unsafe lane changes, people slaloming through traffic at high speed ? about a dozen different offences can result in these charges."

Police say their new enforcement powers come just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and they're readying an arsenal for the task ? aircraft, new equipment and unmarked patrol cars that are more difficult to spot than ever.

The law came into effect after several street racing deaths during the past year. Police note it also applies to stunt driving such as popping wheelies and doing doughnuts.