IML: '62 Spring Return Link reinstallation

IML: '62 Spring Return Link reinstallation

To the Group;

As it turned out, just placing the brake shoe back in position after inserting the return spring link back into relative position and having the adjusting cam set for minimum and striking the brake shoe with a mallet forced the return spring link back into the correct position.  Having the pictures from the Master Technician book 96 helped in repositioning the link.  Now all that remains is taking the brake shoes back a second time to have them ground down to the right thickness.  I told the man at the brake relining shop that they needed to be ground down to 0.170 inches and instead he ground them down to 0.220 inches from the original 0.285 inches.  This time I am going to take my calipers with me and check them before I come home with them.  This has become more than a little aggravating as I have had to make multiple 60 mile trips to Dallas (at least 120 miles round trip) to get things right!  At the cost of fuel these days it adds up.  I hope others do not have this situation to deal with.

At least now the new wheel cylinders are installed and the rest should be pretty easy once I get the shoes ground to the right thickness.  Installing new brake lines will be the next step.

Joe
begin:vcard
fn:Joe Strickland
n:Strickland;Joe
adr;dom:;;1021 Vaughan Lane;Tioga;TX;76271
version:2.1
end:vcard