Re: IML: Imperial "Rarity" in collector terms?

Re: IML: Imperial "Rarity" in collector terms?

Although I have only been an Imperialist for a few months I think I have found the last survivor for 1949 Imperial Crown 8 passenger sedans. I have been in touch with the owner of the 49 Limo and we believe we have the last respective examples of our cars. I would love to have a definitive way to determine this but I know that is not going to happen. I have to chuckle when I see the ebay auctions with "rare" examples of cars that only had 2700 made! there were only 40 8 passenger sedans made in 49! I also don't understand how the insurance company can say my car is only worth a maximum of $20K since I can find no record of a public sale of one of these except for mine. The car is priceless to me and it will be worth whatever the next owner pays my wife when I am in the ground lol.... I don't understand how they arrive at their arbitrary figures sometimes.