From: "dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Subject: Re: IML: is a 440 a 440?
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:55:30 -0700

Hi All....I'm having some work done on one of
my '66's (the LeBaron). The vehicle has about
67,000 miles and as far as I know the original
440 is still in the car. A mechanic who was
checking out the front-end while the car was on
the lift asked me what motor was in the car and
I told him that '66 was the first year for the
440 and that all the Imperials (as far as I
know) came with this engine. He showed my some
numbers stamped on the passenger-side of the
engine block that ended with "430" and said
that this means its a 430 NOT a 440
engine.......would one of the 'motor-guru's"
please clear this up for me?!
thanks a bunch all!!!
Dan Melnik