Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2007 3:45 PM
To: IML
Subject: IML: 61 Imperial Door Locks

I thought I knew everything about the 61 Imperial but I was sure
confused by what I saw today.  One of the local Dodge dealers was
hosting a small Mopar show.  Lots of Chargers of course, but what caught
my eye was a perfect, unrestored 61 Imperial 4-door Southampton.  The
paint was original, the interior was original - but everything was
perfect.  Now I know what my car would have looked like on the showroom
floor.

I spoke to the owner at some length (he is not on the IML and seldom
uses a computer).  He has owned the car for twelve years.

As I ogled his car, I discovered something that I haven't seen before.
The power door lock switch was located in the lower door panel just
ahead of the door handle.  Now I don't have power door locks on my 61,
but on all the cars I have seen the switch is located just ahead of the
power window switches.  I think that the cars I have seen were all
convertibles or two door so I am wondering if this something unique to
the four door.  I posted a picture of the door panel at
http://kdmiller44.home.comcast.net/IML.

So, where are the power window switches on your 61 Imperial?

Ken Miller
61 and 67 Converts
Portland, Oregon