From: Ken Miller <kdmiller44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 12:45 pm
Subject: IML: 61 Imperial Door Locks

I thought I knew everything about the 61 Imperial but I was sure confused by what I saw today. One of the local Dodge dealers was hosting a small Mopar show. Lots of Chargers of course, but what caught my eye was a perfect, unrestored 61 Imperial 4-door Southampton. The paint was original, the interior was original - but everything was perfect. Now I know what my car would have looked like on the showroom floor.

I spoke to the owner at some length (he is not on the IML and seldom uses a computer). He has owned the car for twelve years.

As I ogled his car, I discovered something that I haven't seen before. The power door lock switch was located in the lower door panel just ahead of the door handle. Now I don't have power door locks on my 61, but on all the cars I have seen the switch is located just ahead of the power window switches. I think that the cars I have seen were all convertibles or two door so I am wondering if this something unique to the four door. I posted a picture of the door panel at http://kdmiller44.home.comcast.net/IML. ;

So, where are the power window switches on your 61 Imperial?

Ken Miller
61 and 67 Converts
Portland, Oregon