Re: IML: 61 Imperial Door Locks

Whoops, that's right!  Those are indeed the vents up there, locks below.

jc

On Oct 8, 2007, at 12:49 AM, John Corey wrote:

Ken, mine are up by the window switches.

On Oct 6, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Ken Miller wrote:

I thought I knew everything about the 61 Imperial but I was sure confused by what I saw today.  One of the local Dodge dealers was hosting a small Mopar show.  Lots of Chargers of course, but what caught my eye was a perfect, unrestored 61 Imperial 4-door Southampton.  The paint was original, the interior was original - but everything was perfect.  Now I know what my car would have looked like on the showroom floor.

I spoke to the owner at some length (he is not on the IML and seldom uses a computer).  He has owned the car for twelve years.

As I ogled his car, I discovered something that I haven't seen before.  The power door lock switch was located in the lower door panel just ahead of the door handle.  Now I don't have power door locks on my 61, but on all the cars I have seen the switch is located just ahead of the power window switches.  I think that the cars I have seen were all convertibles or two door so I am wondering if this something unique to the four door.  I posted a picture of the door panel at http://kdmiller44.home.comcast.net/IML.

So, where are the power window switches on your 61 Imperial?

Ken Miller
61 and 67 Converts
Portland, Oregon