Re: IML: California black license plates (Texas)

Re: IML: California black license plates (Texas)

My problem is not with plates so much as getting my car listed as an Imperial Crown over being listed as a Chrysler Imperial.  I'm dealing with that with the insurance company now and will pursue it with the state a little later.

Timothy Callaway
1965 Crown 4-door

Texas is a lot more liberal (not a phrase you see every day) on this
subject.  My 58 has had a series of plates on it.  When it came time - oh
blessed day, would that it would return again, soon - to register it, the
plates from the 1980s were discarded in favor of modern ones.  At a certain
point, for delightfully few dollars, I bought a good set of 1958 Texas car
plates - black with white letters - from an e-bay seller conveniently
located right here in San Antonio.  We exchanged paper for tin at a gas
station.  I made photocopies of them, went down to the main DMV office,
filled out a form, paid a pittance and was allowed to put them on the car.

Hugh