From: "Elijah Scott"
Subject: Re: IML: Electronic Ignition
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

Geoff Fors <wb6nvh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
One of the reasons I was thinking about converting to electronic ignition on my '67 is that the Mopar Direct-Connection style electronic ignition
conversion kit has an adjustable vacuum advance.
Geoff -- I replaced the distributor on my '70 Imperial about four years ago.  I bought a rebuilt distributor from Advance Auto, and it came with an adjustable vacuum advance.  I believe that almost any new/rebuilt distributor will have the adjustable advance, but you can ask the parts dealer to make sure.

Frankly, it would be easier and more economical to just replace the distributor.

Thanks,

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1970 Imperial LeBaron