RE: IML: California Historic "Black Plate" Bill Signed Into Law

RE: IML: California Historic "Black Plate" Bill Signed Into Law

Thanks for posting this, Bob;

It is a small but important point (to some of us originality nuts) that this
addition to the laws actually dilutes the meaning of "an original black
plate California car" because now any car older than 69 can have black
plates, even if it came from Chicago!

Starting now, it is important for those of us with the original,
"grandfathered in" black plates on our 62 and later cars to keep a copy of
the original paperwork for the car which shows that exact plate number is
the one issued to the car when new.

I'm guessing that with this new provision, everyone who wants to pass off a
rust bucket as a "California car" will rush out and buy black CA plates on
eBay and hang them on it!

Dick Benjamin