From: Gary Wilson <mopar413@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 4:30 pm
Subject: Re: IML: Thermostat issue 160 or 180

You would have to put a lot of miles on an engine in order to ruin the heads even if they still have the early valve seats. If you run a quart of ATf thu the gas tank once in awhile they old valve will last a long time. I had 69 super bee that I installed a 64 413 in it and ran it really hard. Never had any problem with the valves.
----- Original Message ----- From: "PAUL WENTINK" <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:12 PM

None on my Imperials ping or spark knock, and they have the correct
thermostat. They have been "de-tuned" to run on today's fuel, which
will eventually ruin the engine. That is until I have the cylinder
heads reconditioned to handle unleaded gas. In the meantime, I try to
use them enough to keep the gas fresh, and not enough to burn up the
valves over the weekend.

Paul W.