Re: IML: thermostats

Ken, this is certainly true. Most overheating problems (probably over 75%) I encountered were due to a clotted, damaged or oxidized radiator.

However, I have encountered other causes for overheating, like ignition timing way out of specification, a thermostat not openening, leaking head gasket, etc.

In the case of the starter of this topic, Rob was concerned about the engine running too cold, not the other way around :)