Re: IML: Overheating Imperials

> Subject: Re: IML: Overheating Imperials?
> From: PAUL WENTINK <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
>
> If they were built with factory air, they had clutched fans when new.
> Someone else posted that these fans were introduced in 1957. The
> earliest factory A/C Imperials I have are 1960 models, and they both
> came with clutched fans.

I guess the fans were incorrectly replaced before I bought them, then. Learn something new every day.

In any case, a clutched fan will not necessarily take up all the slack of highway driving air flow, when forced to slow down suddenly. Air-forcing from high-speed travel moves a lot more air through the radiator than even a locked-up fan at idle.

    -Kle.
    '69 Crown 4DHT (awaiting repairs)