Re: IML: Cooling system "cleaning"

Doug, depending on just how bad the cooling system is, the first "Treatment" could be 10-12oz, after that see how the rinse turns out. With a cooling system that old, two or three times might be required. Always use distilled water for final anti-freeze mix. The least amount of anti-freeze(for your climate conditions) is best for heat transfer. Dave.

From: Doug Norton <e.norton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
How much Cascade would you add to the cooling system of a 1964 Imperial?  Thanks.

Doug Norton
1964 Crown Coupe

sosmi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sorry to mis-direct my reply, I prefer not to use the more aggressive flush chemicals, some require a neutralizer flush, which simply adds to the procedure. It also can damage gaskets, heater cores, radiator, and water pump seals.I would rather do several Cascade flushes, on a really bad system.The t-shirt filter is a good idea, but an old sock in the return hose at the t-stat end, would give more filter area, and not plug up so quick. Everyone has a lost sock in their sock drawer, now I found another use for it. Dave.

From: therichardsonfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx