IML: History of Chrysler engines

Bill Weetman's book, "Chrysler Engines, 1922 to 1998" is being published by
the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and can be ordered online at:

http://www.sae.org/technical/books/R-365

Every production engine built by Chrysler is covered, with descriptions,
pictures, specifications, and timelines provided for each.
Each engine is defined in terms of its basic structure (including its
cylinder bore spacing, number of main bearings, and valve operation). In
addition to the specifications, the book also looks at the personalities
behind the engines' development and the vehicles in which the engines were
used

Willem L. (Bill) Weertman spent 40 years with Chrysler Corporation. As Chief
Engineer-Engine Engineering, he was responsible for all new engines for the
corporation's new car lines of front-wheel drive vehicles and for adapting
and testing the engines purchased from outside companies. He had previously
held the titles of Chief Engineer of Engine Design and Development, and
Assistant Chief Engineer-Engine Design, and he led the design efforts for
the LA V-8 engine series, the 426 Hemi® competition and street engines, and
an all new six-cylinder engine for manufacture in Australia.

The book is expensive but knowing Bill it will be a first class publication.
It's $70 to non-SAE members, $56 to SAE members.

Thanks for prompting me on this subject - I'm going to order my copy today.

Burt Bouwkamp