IML: Carb conversion for 81 thru 83

Hello fellow Imperialists,
I was a member of the list several years ago and really enjoyed it.  I have a 1983 Imperial.  I have decided it is time to convert her over to a carburator.  The quirks with the EFI have gotten worse over the last few years.  As a matter of fact, she has been parked in my garage for a year now.

My dad is an excellent mechanic and is dyed-in-the-wool Mopar.  He is ready to take on the conversion project after my many months of complaining.  I'm very lucky to have him at my disposal.

We have scanned through the factory conversion manual and it appears that it for a conversion to the lean burn system.  Are we correct in our determination?

My dad is not too crazy about the lean burn system.  He wants to convert it using a 4 barrel carb.  He has mentioned a Mopar performance kit which includes a distributor, wires and ignition module.  I think he said it was from Summit.

Anyway, I am looking for some advice before we get knee deep in the project.  One big question we have is regarding the fuel tank.  Do we replace the fuel tank or do we just change the fuel pump in the tank?  And I probably have a million more questions, I just can't think of them all.

By the way, is Dick Benjamin still around?  I remember him from when I was a member before.  He seemed to really know alot about the 81 thru 83 Imperials.

I appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks,
Jeremy Dickerson