Re: IML: Swivel automatic actuation

--- Marty Trendler <mtnose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>      The swivel seats in my 59, open with the lever
> only, and do not automatically swivel when the door
> is opened. Am I missing something here?
>
> Marty

They were supposed to be automatic (for 1960, at
least) and were connected to the door by a cable that
looks like a modern bicycle brake cable with a housing
and all.

Supposedly a journalist went to roll the window down
at a press intro when in the passenger seat while the
car was turning left, pulled the door handle by
mistake and centrifugal force yanked the door open,
actuating the seat and ejecting him.

My early 1960 has the dis-connected cables on the
floor under the carpet, later 60's came without.

This may or may not apply to 1959 cars - I suspect
that they're different seats.  They may interchange,
but 60-61 are far more closely related than 59-60 are
(engine/trans/rear end only?).

Look under your carpet or under the seat is my advice,
but you're probably better off with manual operation anyway.

Kenyon Wills