Re: IML: restoring to a #1

Hi Greg!.....I had no idea that there were that many members who had taken their cars to the next level (or two levels!). I know we had talked between us as to how much DASH has set you back (generally) but figured that it was best if any kind of 'details' about just what you nad DASH have gone through, come strainght from you yourself. I myself, have more or less made the decision that IF I can find a restoration shop that is not too far away from me, to have the LeBaron gone thru from top to bottom just like you have had done. There is one shop about 2 miles from here and another about 10 minutes drive, that 'may' be restoration places but I have to go and check them out (obviously).
I just got 'Baron' back from having a bunch of stuff done to make him mechanically better off and now need to concentrate on getting my Expedition's tranny fixed. Then I can start looking around for whatever I will be replacing the Expedition with....still not sure exactly what I want but its narrowed down to: another Expedition, a Toyota Sequoia, Lexus 470 and maybe something else (??)
...I am seriously considering selling Doris in the Spring,, but who knows?
The driveshaft that was made for Baron seems to be running OK now but I am still going to get the original rebuilt and then put back into the car soon as I can. There are still a few electrical/wiring problems also but they will get taken care of little by little...or the restoration shop will get to do all that.
Anyway, thanks for the email and I think you definitely deserve ANY pats-on-the-back you can get for the work you have done with ALL your 'kids'!!! Enjoy them every day!!
Good LUCk
Dan