IML: Please Welcome Keith Wenger

New Subscriber(s): Keith Wenger
Email Address is: hofcag@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Durham. NC

Car(s) owned: 1958 Crown Southampton 4-door Hardtop (Spring green with green interior)

Self-Introduction: I just received this car as a gift from my significant other as an early 50th birthday present. I've long wanted to own a '57, '58, or '59 Imperial (my personal favorite model years) and am delighted with this one. The fact that it was manufactured the year I was born is an added plus. I fell in love with this particular car the moment I saw it because of the extraordinarily beautiful color. Spring Green. The car is in wonderful, mostly original condition with only 27,000 miles. Factory airconditioning that works perfectly. In fact, everything on the car works as it should with the exception of the electric antenna which sometimes sticks. The paint is original, factory applied and in excellent condition with only a few nicks & chips here and there. A few months ago the interior was reupholstered with absolutely correct fabric and leather and the dash was restored. Gorgeous and about 95% the way it looked the day it left the factory. The car runs and handles beatifully.

We purchased the Imperial from a collector with a large and impressive collection of 1950s American cars. The car was originally sold to a woman in Corpus Christi, Texas. Two years after purchasing the Imperial she moved to Louisiana and kept the car until she died in 1988. It was then sold to a man who rarely drove it and sold it two years ago to the collector we bought it from. An oil change sticker on the door shows that the mileage in 1979 was 21,500. In the past 28 years the car has been driven less than 6,000 miles.

No significant repairs or restoration are needed or planned. Presently there are no seat belts and I do want to have them installed for safety reasons. I am hoping to locate appropriate seat belts soon. If anyone could give me advice on that I would appreciate it. I live in Durham, NC and own/operate an art and framing gallery. In addition to old cars, my main interests are travel and photography.