RE: IML: SOLID STATE REGULATOR

Chris,

MOPAR Performance also sells a solid state regulator, but it is not correct
appearing.  I suspect you'll have the same experience with any you buy - it
will fail soon if you do not ground it very well.  The MP regulators have a
bad reputation; not because they are of poor quality, but because they are
powder coated heavily and don't get the necessary ground.  I have the MP
unit on several cars, and have had no failures.  Scrape/sand to bare metal
to ensure a good contact at the mounting point.

Michael