Re: IML: Found Imperials

Dear Steve:

While only my opinion I do not think you should anticipate recouping the cost of a restoration.  In the vast majority of cases a car is not economically worth the cost.  A common recommendation is to buy a completed car rather than undertaking the cost of a restoration.  A restoration should be undertaken for personal reasons (i.e. sentimentality) not as an investment.  While your car may be unique I would not anticipate a 1961ever bringing a lot of money.  Also, as recently discussed in another thread following the restoration if you drive the car its value will quickly depreciate.

There are some cars that from an investment standpoint are obviously worth the cost of a restoration (as an example an early 1930's Imperial roadster or a 1970 Hemi Cuda convertible).  Unfortunately, the cost of the car and the restoration is out of reach for most people.

Ray
2-1963 convertibles & other non-Imperials