Re: IML: Oil usage theories

I do have some leaks but, the usage seems to be from driving, not leaking. A few normally expected drips from a 40+ year old - not unusual.

In a healthy engine the faster the engine is spinning the higher the oil pressure. Things that don't leak at all at 10 or 20 psi can leak like mad at 40 or 50 psi (hiway speed). Thats why I suggested the cardboard and revving the engine to hiway speed. I could be all wet, but any engine burning the kind of oil you said you were burning doesn't have plugs that look as you described after 3k miles.

             Steve B.