From: mamrom@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Is it a Old Man's car or Prestiage driving?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:59:31 -0600 (CST)

My Question: When, exactly, did Cadillacs,
Lincolns and our beloved IMPERIALS go from
being a prestige car to an "old people" car, at
least in the eyes of reviewers. Surely the
prestigious people that bought them as late as
1974 could not all have reached old age by
1987!?! I cannot believe fuel economy is the
cause either, after all the 1980s Broughams can
get 20 mpg on the highway, not too shabby for
the 1980s! When did successful people switch
from Cadillacs to BMWs and Lexuses, and what
was it that did it? Because surely a successful
40 year old in 1975 would buy a CaddyImperial
or Lincoln , not a BMW. What made him decide
that by age 50 Caddies/Imperials were too "old
man?"