Re: IML: Is it a Old Man's car or Prestiage driving?

Re: IML: Is it a Old Man's car or Prestiage driving?

I agree with most of the assessments in this chain of email, as I
believe the transition of popularity of the premium car market changed
in the late '70s and early '80s to the foreign brands, based on
design, reliability and the prestige factor.  The high end domestic
market was regulated to the 'old people', as younger, wealthy types
migrated to the Mercedes and BMW marques.

What I find interesting now, since owning an 'classic', the very
people who own those BMWs and Mercedes are giving my Imperial the
thumbs up, horn honks and ask questions at the red light about the
car.  It might come down to 'maybe the domestics of those years
weren't so bad after all'?

Who knows?

Darrell Smith
'73 Imperial 2 door hardtop (Blackie)