Re: IML: Close call II/Wake Up Call

> Subject: Re: IML: Close call II/Wake Up Call
> From: PAUL WENTINK <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
>
> That brake serves as both a parking brake and an EMERGENCY brake.
> You  should not be driving the car until it is functioning properly.
> If you lose your service brakes you don't have a back up system. The
> brake can be easily serviced, and you can get all the parts from
> Imperial Heaven.

   I'm with Paul on this one.
I'm not exactly 'captain safety', but I'm a big fan of parking brakes. I used to have a T-Bird that would pop out of Park pretty regularly, and I've driven a lot of cars with dubious brakes. It's not so bad to have the emergency brake out of service if your car's a Standard, but no brakes whatsoever can get pretty stressful with a torqueflite.

Plus, there's the various utility functions, and being able to park on a slope w/o straining the park pawl.

   -Kle.
   '69 Crown 4DHT (just ran yesterday)