RE: IML: Luxury Coupe vs. 4-Door Survey Question

RE: IML: Luxury Coupe vs. 4-Door Survey Question

Hi ...interesting story!....does this mean the Imperial's owner had the 4-spped added at some point?...or were Imperials really available with stick shifts? I have often wondered if anyone had put a stick shift into their Imperial way-back-when,; I was pretty sure that the 'muscle' car 300 series might have been available with the 3 or 4-speed but never heard of an Imperial that could have been ordered with one......interesting thought though!!!! ....and I also wonder if that 'special orer' 4-speed Imperial is still out there someplace!!???
Dan Melnik

---- parrow33@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I knew one man who bought an Imperial 2-door back when. In 1964 he traded in a '62 Thunderbird for a baby blue Crown Coupe that he special ordered with a 4-speed. He traded it off in '68 for a fire-engine red Cougar. He and his wife were in their early fifties with no children.  I guess you had to have a little sporting flair to buy one.  Does anyone on the list have a '64 Crown Coupe with a 4-speed? It would be nice if that car has survived.

Jim Payne
'59 LeBaron
'61 LeBaron
'65 Crown Coupe