From: Hall, Marc F <marc.f.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 8:55 pm
Subject: RE: IML:66 Drum Brake Issue

Hi all,

I have a braking problem with my '66.

The car's brakes were tired but ok before turning her over to the shop
(SA).  Among other jobs, SA rebuilt the brakes and found the rear brakes
lock up well before the front brakes engage fully.  Lines have been
flushed and seem fine.  Front brake drums and shoes match ok, some
re-arching of the shoes did not solve the problem.  Front shoes are of a
different mfg than the rear, is this a friction coefficient issus??  SA
indicates that they are getting to the end of their expertise on the
cause of the brake differential.  SA is pretty good at general repairs
and Chryslers are not too mysterious for them.  I have done the brakes
myself at least twice without screwing it up, so the pro's have hit a
hitch in their getalong?

Help.... Has any of you run into this problem before??

The shop (SA) is owned by a pal who has done great work on my cars
before, so no funny biz going on.

Regards & thanks,

Marc in Mukilteo

Regional Director