Re: IML: '66 drum brake issue

> Subject: Re: IML: 66 Drum brake issue
> From: PAUL WENTINK <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
>
> Aren't proportioning valves used on cars with disc brakes
> in the front,and drums in the rear? I don't think a '66
> Imperial had one, unless we are talking about a converted
> brake system here. Then all bets are off.

I always thought that all cars had them, so that the braking force was less on the back wheels than on the fronts (so the rears don't lock up first, due to weight distribution).

I could easily be wrong though; it wouldn't be the first or last time I turn out to be a jackass.

     -Kle.
     '69 Crown 4DHT (it has one, anyway)