From: Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 7:32 pm
Subject: Re: IML: '66 drum brake issue

I had a 66 Newport single pot master cylinder 4 wheel drum brakes and there was definitely no proportioning valve. There was simply a 4-way T with two lines to the front and a single line to the rear.

Proportioning was achieved by having different size wheel cylinders on the front vs. the back.

As to 4 wheel drum brakes with a dual reservoir master cylinder, I don't know if there was a proportioning valve.