IML: 1960 torqueflite question

Hi List,

Last month I pulled the radiator of my car to have it re-cored. So far, so good. The radiator is like new again but something is worrying me..

When I unscrewed the cooler lines from the radiator I noticed that no ATF was dripping out. I also expected a flood of oil coming from the cooler unit on the radiator but nope..

Ofcourse I am aware that this could be a dangerous situation for my tranny!
Heat is one of the biggest enemies I am sure.
So what could be wrong here?

There is almost no dripping from the cooler lines while they are hanging free now (maybe that is logical, cause the engine isn't running so no pressure will be built up). Ofcourse the cooler lines could be blocked, that would be the most obvious reason. As soon as the weather permits I will remove those cooler lines from the tranny and I will clean them out then with solvent and airpressure.

But if the lines are open, what other options do I have to check for?
On the repair pages of our website I noticed that member Philippe mentioned that when you have cold oil cooler lines (and thus no oil is flowing through those lines) the regulator or the converter valve
might be stucked.
Philippe was talking about a 57 torqueflite, does this also makes sense for a 60 torqueflite?

Btw, the tranny is still shifting perfectly through all gears, nice gentle shifts (but not too soft) that only are getting a little firmer when the engine and tranny are at operating temperature. The shifts are smoother with a cold engine, what could be explained by the fact that no oil is flowing through the oil cooler. The oil is clean, pink, and smelling fresh btwn (not burned).

Any thoughts what might be wrong here?

Thanks,

Robert
1960 Imperial Crown