Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 66 Imperial 440 Motor power steering/belt mount

I apologize for not checking first, but this must be on the OIC. The
same bracket was used from 1959 through 1968 that I know of, and
possibly longer. The bracket adjustment is very tricky and requires
that the instructions for adjustment outlined in the FSM be followed
exactly, or the belt will NOT tighten up correctly.

I do not have a '66, but have encountered this bracket on both of my
1960 models, as well as my '62, '63, '65 & '68. I'm almost 100% certain
that at least one of these year FSM has the instructions because I have
read it several times. I think there is a picture showing the use of
"the special adjustment tool", which I don't have.

There have also been IML e-mail strings about this in the past, so
possibly there is something in the Archives. Try digging a little
deeper in the OIC.

Paul W.