Re: IML: door panels

SMS in Portland, Oregon did a couple sets for us. A 60 Polara D500 conv and a 61 Imperial conv. joe machado

-----Original Message-----
From: kevin adams <kmotion45@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 7:15 pm
Subject: IML: door panels

Hello all !Off and running on a door panel venture
that will prove to be interesting. I need door panels
for my 62 crown. I went to the local trim shop to get
my fix and they got lost in they job and lost or
destroyed my panels . Fast forward two years and no
good ideas have surfaced on how to economically do
imperial panels like mine. So .....I decided to deal
with the most importamt part of the puzzle, the
pressed cardboard lower part of the panel . most of
the time, the paperboard is all but destroyed, molded,
or falling apart. So i built a press frame from mdf ,
used polyester fiberglas and rebuilt the molded paper
component of these panels with marked success. Has any
of you guys ever had to resort such drastic measures
to build your interiors? Please rebutt if you have
ideas on how to come up with imperial interiors please
let me know. Thanks gang, Kevin.