From: Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 2:46 am
Subject: Re: IML: Rear Struts

Struts are on newer cars - that's a specific word for
a specific part, I am afraid.

Suggest that you look on the site on the Service
Manual for your car first, then email in a link of a
page with a picture in the manual showing what you're
referring to, since there are two leaf springs, two
shocks, and the rear axle on my 64 and not much else
is "springing" to mind.

Later Fuselage cars had elastic isolators to keep the
leaf springs off of the rear-end....

Yah, they are pretty good cars, huh?

all 700 of us think so too.

-Kenyon

--- Moparman <Loflinjoel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, I am new to imperials. The spring hanger for
> the strut on the right
> side is busted. I know how to fix this, but what are
> they for?
>
> Is this for smoothness or something?

> response will be
> attachments) for the