From: ahogangoat@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 3:47 pm
Subject: IML: After a Long Silence

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member of this online club for many years but in the last several years I have not "spoken" via email at all. I have been checking in from time to time and always find interesting and informative conversation going on.
What a wonderful group of people Imperial owners are!!
I have recently sold cars leaving me with only my '57 Imperial. Now I am going to concentrate on it. Right now it needs some brake wheel cylinder work. I was wondering if anyone has done an AAJ conversion on a '57 or similar pitting on disk brakes and eliminating the factory front drums and the factory master cylinder. I want to convert the system to a dual circuit master cylinder if I'm
going to do a conversion.
The first question really is, however, with modest driving, is it possible to get the factory brakes to be reliable without constant fiddling and adjusting. I've heard stories of these "total contact" brakes being very fussy, especially on Plymouths and Dodges etc. I won't need extreme brake response as I will drive the car gently anyway. My car is really in excellent condition as it has only 25,000 original miles and has been treated well all it's life. The biggest brake problem to date has been hydraulic leaks at the wheel cylinders. Some of the problem surely has been due to non-use and that condition will improve now.

Thanks,

Tim