From: REMCO VAN LENT <lent0329@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:09 am
Subject: Re: IML: 1964 through 1966 Disc Brake Option

Not only the brakes should be updated when going real fast.
Also the complete suspension and the rest of the drive train needs a lot of work.  I live close to the german autobahn and will surely floor it when the new engine is ready to go.  What's the use of building a 800 HP +++ supercharged 392 and not use the power?  I hope to be able to hit the 200 MPH mark, not on a weekday's rush hour but on a early sunday morning with a almost
empty autobahn for myself.

----- Original Message ----- From: "PAUL WENTINK" <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:26 PM

. There was a
post about needing better brakes to get the most out of the engine,
which makes me wonder if some folks think that by converting their
brakes they can drive faster or follow more closely. Those are bad
driving habits which have nothing to do with realizing the potential of
the engine. Public roads are a community of people who have to work
together to get along. If someone wants to find out how fast their car
will go, they need to make arrangements with a race track, not
experiment with fast driving and a different braking system on a public
road. The excessive burst of power available to Imperial Owner's is
there for safe passing on two lane highways and smoothly merging with
high speed freeway traffic.

Paul W.