Re: IML: 1965 Chrysler : Imperial Limousine

Re: IML: 1965 Chrysler : Imperial Limousine

This is actually a limo by Barrieros of Spain.  Ghia
sold the limo tooling to them in late 1965.  It would
be appropriate for Franco to own a Spanish-built limo
rather than an Italian one.

I have seen and driven another 1966 Barrieros limo.
It differs from the 1965 Ghia limos in that it had
rear-facing jump seats and a 1965 dash with column
shift.

The 1966 Barrieros limos started life is 1965
Imperials in the same way all 10 1965 Ghia limos were
leftovers of the 20 1964 Imperial chassis sent over to
Italy in September 1963.  10 were built in 1964, and
10 in 1965 with 1965 grills and hubcaps.  All 1965
Ghia limos have the 1964 dash and pushbutton shift.
They also have the white "Imperial" plate on the
windshield garnish moulding and the spring-loaded door
armrest pads that were only part of the first few
weeks of 1964 Imperial production.

I found the quality of the 35K mile Barrieros limo I
drove to be quite good - it was solid, tight, and
rattle-free.  I posted a pic of it on the IML:

http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1966/Limo/index.htm

This Ebay one would be great stocking stuffer!

Chris H.

,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-Chrysler-Ghia-Imperial-LeBaron-Limousine_W0QQitemZ280183180264QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6181QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem