From: HOFCAG@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 1:51 pm
Subject: IML: Should I Add Lead Substitute?

About six weeks ago I acquired a beautiful '58 Southampton 4dr.  27,000 original  miles and runs great.  No performance problems whatsoever and I hope to keep it that way.  The man I bought the car from has collected primarily 1950s American cars for many years and presently has over 20 in his collection.  All in excellent shape.  This guy knows plenty about cars and  he has strongly advised me to add "CD-2 Lead Substitute" at the rate of one oz. per 10 gallons of gasoline every second time I fill the tank with high test gas.  I've been doing that and everything seems fine.  A few days ago I met another man who also claims to know a lot about old cars and he said I should definitely NOT add lead substitute to the tank.  He claims that could harm the engine and told me to simply burn the highest octane unleaded premium gasoline I could find.  What do you guys advise?  Opinions?  I want to keep my old HEMI healthy & happy.
Keith - Durham, NC-58 Southampton

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.