Re: IML: Winter trip

> From: Robin Giesbrecht <robings@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: IML: winter trip
>
> Just did a 2140 mile trip in my 72 from Montreal to
> Saskatoon and I averaged 15 mpg imperial running at
> 70 mph average and car was loaded. One thing I
> love about this car is how well it handles poor road
> conditions(ice, snow,
> blizzards). Just have to remind oneself once in a while
> that the confidence it inspires can also be a little
> dangerous.

Absolutely true. My '69 was my only car for most of the time I've owned it, and I had it in Boston in a blizzard that shut the city down - it presented no problem for an Imperial. I've also used it to pull out stuck 4WD vehicles (they were in deeper snow).
    My '62 was also a superb foul weather machine.

      -Kle.
      '69 Crown 4DHT (on hiatus)