Re: IML: 1983 Imp. EFI question

Bill Longest wrote:
I drove my 83 to work Friday and it ran fine,but, when
I started it to go home it took a long time to start
and then would not stay running at idle.  The only way
it would run is to pump the gas pedal and run the
engine way above idle.  It was shaking.  After 1-2 min
it smoothed out and ran and idled fine.  About five
miles away from work it died at 70 mph on the
interstate.  It would restart but would not idle and
would die if I put it into gear.  I made it run for a
few min to see if it would correct itself again but it
would not. I shut it off and looked under the hood. Since it was dark outside I could see the catalytic
converter was glowing.

Any ideas? It was getting fuel. Thanks

Bill

Check your timing.