Re: IML: 1983 Imp. EFI question

yup!time for a new converter dude, when they glow like that you chance a car fire.
i had an 85 dodge ram truck with the same problem,new converter fixed it right.
good luck bro!
chris--91 imp
elkton,md.

Lewis deSoto <sotolux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sounds like an overly rich condition or that there is a blockage in
the converter itself.
Running the pedal above idle would suggest the idle circuit is too
rich or the unit is "choked".
Is it a fuel injection or carbureted engine?
Lewis