From: Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 7:46 pm
Subject: Re: IML: Starting my 64 Imperial

I second and third that.

Install a new battery in the car.

Tell us what happens.

----- Original Message -----
From: mopar413@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:17:01 -0800

If the old battery has a dead cell it won't let
the jumper battery work. Best way it to
install the jumper battery.
---- Mark Elliott wrote:
Rather than throwing a bunch of parts at the
car, is there a way to test the relay/starter
to see which may be bad? I imagine I can
take the battery to somewhere that sells
batteries and have them test it, however,
after sending the email, I realized that I
could connect one of my known good battery to
the Imperial using my jumper cables, and when
I did it, I got no change, so I presume that
the battery probably isn't the problem in the
case (though it probably is a problem waiting
to happen).

Thanks,

Mark
At 04:10 PM 12/19/2007, you wrote:
>From: Robin Giesbrecht
>Subject: RE: IML: Starting my 64 Imperial
>Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:38:56 -0200
>

>Resistance sounds ok although your negative cable should be the same
as you=
>r positive cable(less than 1 ohm). Check and make sure your ground
is perfe=
>ct wherever it is going(usually to block).Otherwise it is your relay
or the=
> starter.
>=20
>Robin Giesbrecht
>72 Imperial

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your
response will be shared with everyone.
Private messages (and attachments) for the

Fred Joslin