Re: IML: Rust prevent in box frame

Presuming that the frame is not on the car and can be
rotated, purchase SEM RUST SEAL, drill the hole, pour
in and agitate or rock to get all interior surfaces
"wet" with the stuff and walk away.

If it's not rotatable, I suppose that you could just
fill the interior to the brim with the liquid and then
drill a second hole to drain (and presumably reuse?).

http://www.sem.ws/product.php?product_id=206

This is one of those things that once used, will never
be forgotten.  It literally kills the rust and then
seals the metal.

I get mine from auto body/paint supply shops.  Online
works too, I suppose.  It is superior and should not
be confused with SEM RUST MORT, which does not seal
and seems somewhat weaker to me.

Good luck.

-Kenyon

--- charles major <charlesdmajor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> question:
> I am replacing a section of frame rail. I built a
> box
> frame to weld in, but I left it in the truck and it
> got rained on (sad face), and it now has much water
> inside my NEW frame!
> Ok can I save it or just start over?
> And when I do build a new one how do i keep it from
> rusting from the inside?
> I had a thought to drill a few holes and fill it
> with
> WD-40 after it is all welded, and then maybe
> displace
> with a foam. I know that foam-a-fill is not a good
> idea because it is open cell foam and will hold
> moisture (am I correct). Is there a closed cell foam
> for this?
>

> Charles Major
> 270.791.4139 Moble
> 208.728.4443 FAX