Re: IML: '71 Imperial question...

Jim,

I think the one up en right from the speedometer cable is the correct one. On my 72 the cruise harness goes through the firewall a couple of inches above and right of the speedometer cable. About level with the bulkhead connector.

Frank

Jim Corbett wrote:
All,
I have a '71 Imperial that I'm adding cruise control to. I've installed all OEM components. I need to do one thing to complete the installation and that is to run the electrical connections to the servo through the firewall. My cruise harness already existed in the car and the connectors to the servo are under the dash near the steering column (firewall grommet included). I need to punch a 1 inch hole with a chassis punch in the firewall, but I'm not sure exactly where it goes. There are two pilot dimples in the firewall that seem to be where this hole should be, but I want to get the right one (I want this installation to be exactly like factory). Viewing from the engine compartment, one pilot hole is about 1.5 inches below where the speedometer cable passes through the firewall and the other is up and to the right from the speedometer cable (about 2-3 inches). Which is correct? Anyone with a fuselage era Imperial know where, on the firewall, their cruise servo electrical cables pass from engine compartment to under the dash? Thanks, Jim