IML: Steering Wheel Repair - Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  The Eastwood kit looks very complete but I like the cost savings of using the PC-7 epoxy.  At some point when I have more time, I'll tackle this project.  Unfortunately with less than two weeks until the show opens - we're doing a production of Driving Miss Daisy - I won't have the time to fill in the cracks before using the wheel as part of the set.  I am looking forward to using this spare wheel for practice before addressing the cracks on the one in the car.

One other question:  Are the chrome parts of the wheel rim - the two bands on either side of the two white grooved grips - actually chrome plated metal or are they simply another type of plastic?

Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ