RE: IML: Parts for 1970 Imperial LeBaron

probally because you cant see anything in the passenger side mirror.

From: fljoslin@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:13:06 -0500
Subject: Re: IML: Parts for 1970 Imperial LeBaron

Hi Espen:
I have a 69 LeBaron which I purchased with two outside mirrors probably from JC Whitney. Cheap rectangular junk.  I looked long and hard for the correct ones for my car with no luck. What I ended up doing, but have not yet installed, is getting a pair of mirrors from about a 76-77 Aspen. They are Mopar, round and both are remotely operated. They (or DS at least) may even be correct part #s. Don't know. While in the process of searching for replacement mirrors I did purchase a DS mirror from a 71 Imperial. This was the first year that Imperials went from round to rectangular outside mirrors so it is not correct for my car (or yours). I figured if I could find a passenger side mirror to go with this one at least I would be close and would have two mirrors which I feel is essential.  I also had a very hard time finding one of those. Not too many people thought that the passenger side mirror was needed even though the cost was very low ($7.35 in 1969).