IML: Did I convert a derbier?

A few weeks ago I encountered a derbier who has provided me with many good
parts over the years.  In our initial encounters I busted on him for not
only wrecking decent cars but also brutally destroying valuable parts.  We
eventually worked out a deal where I paid a fixed amount and then stripped
whole cars myself just to save as many parts as possible.
Well this him he wanted to brag about his latest acquisition, a 75 Imperial
4DHT.  I had to endure descriptions of how clean it was, how nice it was,
how low the miles were, how it had been parked inside since 1992, and, of
course, how he was going to plunder it and derby it.  I just listened and
groaned inside; I didn't even want to know details like colors or equipment
knowing I could do nothing about it.  I left with a heavy heart and tried to
forget about it.
Yesterday morning I got a cellphone call from the guy and he wanted some
information.  It seems that my love for the cars must have rubbed off on him
because he told me that he had decided to drive the 75!  It's white with a
blue interior and has a few minor problems like inop power windows (3 of 4)
and a missing hood ornament.  Believe it or not he says it gets better
mileage than his late model Ford 4x4 pickup.  He is also enjoying the
attention he gets while driving.  It seems that a bunch of people have come
up to him and complmented his new ride, something that never happens while
driving his truck.
He also picked up a 76 or 77 NYB to use as a parts source and later a derby
car.  No details on that one but there will be some parts for sale.
I'll see both cars this coming week and take some pics.
Pete in PA